Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

UNT-DrM-Intro

I am "Dr M" or Dr Maureen (More-EEn, not Marine) Murphy. I teach at University of North Texas, where I EARNED my PhD in Workforce Development.
UNT...

 I enjoy students who enjoy learning and my classes fill every semester but mostly, I enjoy graduation days! I am so proud of students!
I look good in green and enjoy the university activities...
I try to meet off campus with students at a local burger place or coffee shop, but sometimes I'll go to a UNT sporting, cultural, music or arts event. I do not impose on my students, I respect their discussions and experiences. So if you are a student and have a music performance, art gallery event, speech... and want to invite me, that's great! I can't always get there but I'll sure try if my schedule permits.
I am also a public speaker. I have spoke at ASTD, APICS, ISPI, eLearning Guild, SALT... so sometimes I am out of town speaking at a conference. My speaking topic is Virtual Learning Communities. (photo below is in Reston, VA)
Spring term I will speak at the SALT conference in Orlando, Florida on March 5.
.
Students often ask for hints on how to not lose points, do assignments on time and post more than required to discussions. I rarely offer extra credit but when I do it is early in the term and a one time opportunity.
.
.










No comments:

Post a Comment